Three Quiet (and fairly lazy) Days, 2 - 4 July

 Tuesday - Day gets off to a good start with a £50 Premium Bond win. It looks like another lovely day (yesterday was good too – being the first dry day of the visit). A plumber I’d reached out to yesterday got back in touch. €120 for a full service of the boiler, with new jets. Seems reasonable.

Had planned to sand the stairs (Sally) and re-treat the cave’s woodworm (me), but somehow that never happened. Instead, a fairly laid-back day. Had a stroll through town before lunch as it was such a nice day and ended the day with a pizza from the pizzeria at the top of the road. 

During the stroll we explored one of the guard towers on the old wall. There was a small room next to the main guardroom. Turned out to be an en-suite drop-loo. Basically a plank over a hole that deposts one's doing at the other side of the wall. Beware anyone scaling the wall at that point!



At the end of the walk we stopped at a local bar for a drink. I made the mistake of ordering a "petite bierrre".



Had intended to go to the Friday nocturnal market which we believe starts this month – but apparently it doesn’t start this week.

Wednesday - Today was largely ‘wasted’ with the fairly complex monthly update of my hobby website. I also had a weekly on-line gaming session with a Swiss friend but there were complications there too; partly due to the internet (mobile data via my phone) being unusually temperamental and due to issues with the software we use, arising from me being on a different computer to that which I use in the UK.

That said, Sally and I did get to the market and later in the day had a stroll around town. 

In the morning I’d had an impact driver delivered buy Amazon and that allowed me to remove the final screws holding the metal frame that support the banister. 

Thursday - A slow start , despite being up at a reasonable hour. The morning saw a trip to the supermarche on the bikes, in the rain. Uneventful other than for getting some sorbet – we can do that now we have a freezer.

The afternoon saw Sally sanding the stairs area and I rubbed down the ironwork for the banister and helped Sally a little. Finished reading ‘Death in the Dordogne’, the first in a series of books set near here and recommended by an American friend. Purchased book 2 on the Kindle. Sally did a lovely Beef Bourguignonne for dinner and this evening I was playtesting my game design, online, with friends in Belgium and the USA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Woodworm & Sawdust - August 23, 2018