Flowers for my Beautiful Wife - and Fudge for Me , 6 - 8 July

 


These three days were spent replacing, undercoating and painting missing tiles in the shower room (Sally) and rubbing down and filling, rubbing down and re-filling the ground to first floor stairs (me).

 Good hard work that gave a great sense of satisfaction – and we’re still in the prep phase (which is normally somewhat demoralizing).


Tuesday evening, we dined at the local kebab house on falafel wraps and frites.






On Wednesday afternoon, we had a nice long stroll along the Vezere towards (but not quite as far as) Espartingnac. Beautiful afternoon with the roll of thunder around 5pm.

Thursday, I bought Sally a bunch of flowers from the local florist, Marie. Had a good chat with Marie who is learning English. She practiced that and I practiced my French. This is the first bunch of flowers I have bought Sally in the three years we have been here. In my defence, however, we are not normally here long enough to make such a purchase worthwhile.  On the way back from the florist I bumped into Cassandra, the estate agent that sold us the house, and had a nice chat.

My reward for the flowers was homemade vanilla fudge – yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Woodworm & Sawdust - August 23, 2018