Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

 

As we had Friday off, it was back to DIY today – the last full ‘free’ day I have as I’ll be working from home tomorrow and we head back to the UK on Friday.

Poor old Sally was back in the ‘future’ bathroom, stripping paper that was very reluctant to be stripped. 

Me? I rubbed down the filling on the study ceiling, washed it and gave it a coat of paint and then gave the kitchen ceiling its second coat. Then a bit of a break before touching up a number of metal details on the window furniture and then a second coat, once dry for the study ceiling.


All in all, a good day’s work.

Monday through Thursday saw Sally has been odd-jobbing/cleaning  and tidying up as we wind down to our departure on Friday morning. 

Nothing of much not to relate – except the kindness of the neighbours. 

First it was Pilli and David; they came around with a bag of foraged apples. I believe they were by way of an ‘apology’ for asking us to move the car on a couple times when they took deliveries and for the noise as they worked (installing a new floor on the 2nd floor I think). Neither had been an issue – though the last move of the car was inconvenient (and I fear I showed it) as I was literally 3 minutes form a video interview with a job candidate.

Then, Bernadette came around with a bag of chestnuts they has foraged and gave it to us as a gift (and there we were with a large bagful already  - the fruits (pardon the pun) or our own foraging). She then came around today with two jars of homemade (from her garden) quince jelly and one of chutney. On this visit I thought she was asking how we liked the chestnuts, I said I loved them. I think she was actually asking if we wanted more, as she was soon back with another bag. I love chestnuts – but even I am going to struggle with the three bagfuls we now have along with some giant ones we bought off the local market before we foraged – plus the walnuts we’ve collected!

The boiler has gone out a couple of times and so we’ll clearly need to arrange for that to be serviced in the Spring. Still awaiting the third electrician’s divi/quote, but I have written 'holding emails' to the other two.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.