Summer is Over - the Town is Closing. And French Parking (Sally) - Sept 5th - 7th


Didn’t do much at all on Thursday, I nursed a cracking headache nearly all day. No it wasn’t an almighty hangover. I was fretting over Andy.

Friday, back to work - spent most of the day scrubbing the walls in the study. Well the bits I can reach without a ladder. Seems to be a lot of scrubbing and very slow progress. I have also started tackling the grotty grout in the kitchen. An old toothbrush and bleach.

Both yesterday and today I thought I would treat myself to an ice cream. Both days he was closing for the evening. The local produce market wasn’t there either. Ah, September, everywhere is closing early.

Saturday. Intended going to the shops, but Skyped Andy instead. He has the delightful Bates family visiting. That sounds sarcastic, no they truly are delightful.

Popped to get some bread, ooh I could eat the whole lot in one go. I experienced French car parking, why use a parking spot when the pavement and the pedestrian crossing will suffice? Credit to the van driver he did apologise to me and I did notice he didn’t park in one of two disabled spots.



I noticed the temperature on the pharmacies said 14 degrees. Brrrrr. Ah, September. Even the weather shuts down. I think it reached about 24 later.

Cracked on with the study, it is finished and looks a lot better. Not perfect, but a lot better, until we decorate properly. Put Andy’s stuff back into the study. I was so pleased to have a hot shower. My decorating clothes are filthy, I bet they happy for being cleaned. Can clothes be happy?

Walked to the piscine to see how long it takes to get there on foot. About 15 minutes, all up hill. It rained a little and I mean a little. Another place that has reduced hours. Now it opens just Saturday and Sunday. Ah, September, the Autumn is here, the children are back at school, it is getting dark earlier and it is cooler. Do I really fancy swimming in an outside pool? Pretty sure the pool is heated, probably by a candle. Be blooming cold 🥶.

I have just noticed the tree across the road is turning yellow. Ah, September.

My back aches. Hope it is alright tomorrow. Listening to French radio, I think it is a concert, most enjoyable. Time for a glass, or two, of fermented grapes

I really need to be able to spell/grammar check my work. How?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.