Starting Work on the Study (Sally) - Sept 2nd


Had a lie in and didn’t get up until nearly eight thirty. What a treat.

After showering etc. I had some bread for breakfast, before getting down to work. I gave a final coat of paint to the doors. Though I say it myself they look pretty good. The door frames in Serena’s room look good too. The only disappointment is I need to scrape off some masking tape.

I started to sand the paintwork in the study. Surprisingly the purple paint is easier to sand than the yellow. Perhaps the purple is traditional wood paint and the yellow is a silk paint that seems plasticky! (Is that a real word?).


After dinner and a Skype call with Andy I went for a walk. I went along the river, over the bridge and back along the other side. I stopped to give the ducks some bread, it was a feeding frenzy. It is said, by some, that you shouldn’t give birds bread, but in one area back home they found the poor devils were starving as folk were no longer doing so. I don’t know if I should or shouldn’t. I continued through the bat cave. You sometimes see the odd bat fly through the car park tunnel. Not really a tunnel, nor a bat cave come to think of it. I needed to use the local convenience before walking any further. I carried on along the road, through the ***k ugly tunnel, which I call the fugly and Andy calls the funnel, past the cafe we had falafel at the other night, up the steep slope and down the other side to get home. Phew.

Listened to music, did some colouring and then to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Woodworm & Sawdust - August 23, 2018