Piscine About and Having Fun (Sally) - Aug 30th

Andy goes home tomorrow. I have another two weeks.

Andy fetched croissant. No bread because we decided to eat out for lunch.

Off to both local supermarkets to get wine for various people. Next time we bring the car we don’t know if allowances will drop, because of Brexit. Uncertain times.

We looked at the menu of a restaurant about a mile away but decided to dine at a little place called 'Au Fille de Temps', a stone’s throw from our house. You could climb over our balcony and knock on their back door. That might surprise them, climbing over the balcony is more than surprising to me too  - quite a drop. Andy had house burger and frites, I had rabbit in mustard sauce with frites. Very nice, Peter rabbit, or was it his annoying sidekick?

Had a short afternoon nap. Then off to the local piscine, on our bikes (yes, we finally located it!). I am not very good on the bike and frighten both Andy and myself. The piscine is fantastic and it is a shame we hadn’t been there before. Or found it earlier in the year, when the fantastic Bates visited. It is a nice family pool and it was great to see folk having a good time. Who knows, maybe next year, I might jump off the board! I managed to dive into the water .The downside is that men have to wear budgie smuggler type of swimwear and my eyesight is better now! It would have been great to take Serena, ah well maybe next year.

I used to go swimming every day when I was much younger. We gain fear and inhibitions as we age. I stopped swimming when I could no longer see the clock at the end of the pool and I started to feel very self-conscious in a swimsuit. Looking back I looked far better in a swimming cozy than I ever will again. With age comes lumps, bumps and wrinkles. I still have no confidence in my abilities, but hey, will I change? I doubt it.

We walked into the village centre to get ice cream. My new favourite flavour is coconut.

The day is drawing to a close and I am writing this whilst having a glass of wine. It is a very nice glass of wine and not in the slightest bit cheeky.😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Woodworm & Sawdust - August 23, 2018