He's Abandoned Me! (Sally) - Aug 31st


I always feel the last day of August is sad. It heralds the end of summer. Nights will draw in quickly and before we know it, it will be Christmas.

Today is particularly poignant and sad because Andy goes home to Hinckley, two weeks before me.

After breakfast, that’s right - croissant, I made some sandwiches whilst Andy packed the car with enough booze for an almighty hangover. As he left I shed a silent tear and as I watched the car head towards the top of the road, I felt like running after him and telling him not to go, or to take me with him.

I did a quick tidy up and then popped to the market for fruit and veg before getting down to work. I sanded two doors from Serena’s room and the door frames in the aforementioned room. I then washed them and whilst waiting for them to dry I changed clothes yet again and went into town. I am sure if people see me they think I only have one set of clothes. I put clean clothes on to fetch bread, change into scruffs and when I have finished the grubby work I change again, therefore I may wear an outfit for a few days, if you see what I mean!

I went to check the bus times/route for Limoges ready for my journey home. Not being sure if you pay on the bus, or you need to take a long trip to the railway station. I observed and saw that you pay on the bus. I will check the timetable doesn’t change in September.

Back to the house, I was going to eat lunch, but my sandwich was too tough to eat so I had yoghurt and fruit. Very quick, so undercoated the doors and frames.

For dinner I had a very nice omelette with the girolles I bought from the market.

I then went for a long walk. I was surprised to find the bar which sells very nice ice cream closed and the bar next to it getting ready to close. Not quite eight o’clock. I noticed the bar at the bottom of the hill was busy but I didn’t fancy drinking on my own. I walked back along the river before going home.

I decided to sleep downstairs because it is cooler.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Woodworm & Sawdust - August 23, 2018