Getting Cold and Listening to Vinyl (Sally) - Sept 8th


Made sure I was up early(ish) to cycle to the local supermarket. They open at nine and I was there about ten past -  people were already coming out. Perhaps they open earlier despite signs to the contrary. Speaking of contrary I bought some chocolate, biscuits and salad. I made the cashier laugh by showing lettuce - bonne, chocolate - mauvais. She said little pleasures. The cycle ride to the supermarket was blooming freezing and under my breath I muttered effing cold! A little warmer on the return trip.

Did consider going to the piscine, but a bit too chilly, so spent the afternoon cleaning/scrubbing the kitchen tiles. Why does, what should be a simple job, which it is, take so long to do? Someone needs to sell a gel that you paint on, leave for twenty minutes and then rinse off. A bit like that stuff you use to clean ovens. On a lighter note, I listened to a few albums (vinyl) whilst doing this chore. Dinner in the slow cooker. (Bit disappointing if I’m honest. Then again courgettes are always a let down. The trend for courgettes seems to have waned. Be thankful for small mercies. Is that the correct spelling?).


End of another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Woodworm & Sawdust - August 23, 2018