Working Like a Trojan - but the only Wooden Horse was a Clothes Horse - July 18, 2018

The start to the day could have been better, The laundry had been building up quicker than I expected, so I decided to do another round of washing. As I was separating coloureds, whites and darks (as Sally had trained me), I found a pile of clean laundry, where I had left it, at the bottom of the laundry basket. I clearly hadn't emptied it before refilling with dirty laundry. At least that explains why I had so much and so soon.

Not knowing which was dirty and which clean I just re-washed the lot.

First batch goes in - and then I realise I've not put in a detergent tablet. I set it to rapid wash so that I can get it out and start again withing 15-minutes (little did I know I could have simply opened the door after the cycle had started).

With the washing underway I went to the shower room to get started with the painting - only to find the floor awash. Water was coming out of the radiator outlet pipe. It hadn't been when I had removed the radiator, so why was it now and, more importantly, how long had it been doing it? All night?

I checked downstairs for leaks and/or damage but none was apparent - phew!

I packed the opening of the pipe with blu-tack and that seemed to do the trick. Later in the day the blu-tack leaked and, on removing it I found water appeared to 'melt' it - so not the best material for the job. I got a wad of putty and used that - sorted. I have a theory as to why water pumps out of the pipe intermittently - I think it is back pressure from the washing machine. I hope I'm right as it will mean there was no overnight leakage.

With the leak sorted I could get on with the painting in earnest. I worked like a Trojan, if I do say so myself - not even breaking for lunch as I was on a roll. By the end of the day the shower room window and window frame were painted (one coat external, two internal) the door frame and skirting in the loo had two coats, the pipe work in the shower room and loo had their first coat and the radiator was rubbed down, cleaned and had a coat of paint on one side.

I finally feeling that I'm making real progress with the loo and shower room. Tomorrow should see the painting finished and the flooring starting to go down. I'm keen to get the radiator back on (if only to eliminate the risk of more leaks), but I want the flooring in  place first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.