Wish I'd stayed in bed - 16 July, 2018


A frustrating day really. I struggled to get myself motivated to do anything much. I did head to the local DIY stores to buy some piping and elbows etc. to fit between the cistern and the toilet but I was unable to find the ‘O’ ring I needed for the cistern or the silicon grease I’d decided I needed to try again to fit the seal to the loo.

To cut a long story short (as I can see I’m again getting ‘boring’), I realised the seal I had was too large. I bought a smaller one (involving a trip to Brive) and fitted it – with almost as much effort as the earlier one. I built the pipes and got it all connected. I found ‘o’ rings in Brive, but they proved to have too large an internal diameter or to small an outside one.

Net result is, at the end of the day, I have a reconnected loo – but the cistern still leaks, I’ll take another look at that tomorrow, as I have some ideas.

Update: I was typing this blog post as I prepared a chilli con carne (courtesy of Delia’s ‘One is Fun’). It takes a couple of hours, prep and cooking time. I’m just over half-way through and looking forward to the meal – it won’t be ready until around 9 pm and I haven’t eaten since breakfast. Then due to a somewhat awkward setup, lack of decent oven glove and an improvised lid, I managed to knock the saucepan off the hob – all over my right shin and the bare floorboards of the kitchen. Ever have one of those days where you wish you simply hadn’t bothered getting up? A crap end to a basically crap day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

A Night at the Chateau. 4-5 July

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.