I Start to Feel I am Getting Somewhere - 19 July, 2018.

This house can make some strange noises; not the creaks you might expect of an older property, but more thumps and bumps. There was one this morning, louder than normal - which had me wondering if it was actually a package pushed through the door. I went to investigate,  and this is what I saw:


Clearly yesterday's leaky radiator had caused damage - it was just delayed.


Not a big deal, as we intend to have a lot of plastering done anyway - after the house is re-wired.

That unwelcome surprise aside, it has been a good day.

I cut out the hardboard for the toilet & shower:


I then used the hardboard as templates for cutting the cushion flooring:



Full marks to dad for the suggestion of using hardboard rather than trying to get up all of the old carpet glue. That said, I did still spend a fair amount of effort getting rid of the flakiest  glue in the shower room.

Still a bit of tidying up to do, but that can wait until tomorrow. One thing I did want to do was paint the tiles that sit behind where the radiator goes in the shower room. I jumped in the car and headed to one of the local DIY stores to see if they had the appropriate paint. They were closed. They are supposed to be open until 7 pm! Oh, wait, it is 19:06, where does the day go?

Oh well, the tiles can wait until tomorrow. I had intended to try and remount the radiator tomorrow morning. This is going to be a 'bitch' of a job. The radiator is incredibly heavy and it rests on two loose feet, which I simply know will keep falling over as I try to located the radiator. This really is a two-man job. On reflection, I'll leave the radiator until Tim joins me in just over a week. This does mean that I have to find a solution to the leaky outlet pipe. My plan is to try and locate somewhere that sell the proper blanking caps.

Talking of the radiator, the other job completed today was painting it. It has come up rather nicely. For comparison, here it is along with the one on the first floor landing:



Today I feel I've finally completed a task, in getting the flooring down. Whilst I do want to get the tiles painted tomorrow and tidy-up the cushion flooring a little, I am going to have an easier day. I'll probably pop out on the bike and do a little more exploring of the immediate area. I also need to do myself a proper meal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.