(Small) World Cup Madness and Electric Bikes - 11 July, 2108.

Well, in hindsight,trying for an early night, on the evening that France got through to the World Cup Final, was a little optimistic.

There was no doubting the result as the cheers went up, the singing commenced and the car horns started blaring. This went on for a couple of hours at least. I'm pretty sure the same group of celebrants were doing repeated circuits of the town, since the loud celebrations would fade out and back in again. Despite being cream-crackered, the noise and  the heat & humidity conspired to keep me awake again. Even so, I was very happy for France - they should enjoy it whilst they can (come on England!).

I eventually got to sleep and had a reasonable night, getting up at 08:00 and jumping in the shower which, after yesterday's cold water, was now heated bliss.

The morning was spent building the 8 drawers for the Ikea chest of drawers that I'd started yesterday. This was far simpler but still took the morning. After the third meal of bread and (delicious) cheese, in two days, I built another (simple) storage unit for the bedroom and then went shopping for groceries.

Have to say, the Kitchen is starting to look pretty good.



Whilst shopping I noticed the supermarket had a reasonably priced electric bike - something I was on the lookout for. The bike wasn't physically in stock in-store, so I took down the details and then checked the reviews when I got home - they were very good. I jumped in the car and headed back to place my order.

At the Customer Information Point the member of staff didn't speak English but had just finished serving a couple that did - they were English in fact and had far better French than me. They kindly helped out. It appeared I would need to place the order online. Their kindness continued with an offer to help with that too if  I wanted to call at their house later (it wasn't convenient for them then and there). We exchanged phone numbers and as I wrote my name down, the gentleman said "I've met you before".  It turned out that it was the builder that gave our house an informal inspection when we were considering buying - talk about a small world (especially as they live a few miles from Uzerche).

Back home I logged on to the supermarket's website to place my order - only to find the bike had a five week lead-time - and I go home in under four-weeks. Looks like I'll need to wait until we plan our next visit - and hope they still have stock.

Tomorrow the plan is to head to Brive on the hunt for hardboard to put on the floor in the shower room and in the toilet - ready for laying the cushion flooring I've brought over from the UK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.