More of the Same and an Obstacle Course - 23-26 July, 2018

The last three days have been spent stripping and painting on the first-floor (kitchen, shower and toilet).

Today was a little different to the earlier two in that I hung some pictures (actually 18th Century map prints of the area of the Waterloo campaign), went for a cycle ride - this time reaching Uzerche prison (though only after having negotiated several sets of electric wire strung across a country lane and eventually being re-routed, as I wasn't going to lift the bike over the barbed wire that was the final obstacle), and did a general tidy-up and vacuum as things were getting a little dusty.

The kitchen, in particular, had been turned on its head as I needed to finish the skirting (and window frame) that we had started on our last visit - and which was now behind the units I had so nicely arranged on my arrival this time.

During the afternoon, today, I have generally been lazy - at 34 degrees (and due to hit 36) it isn't difficult to persuade oneself to have an easy time.

I have at least got all of the first floor doors re-hung and so the plan is, tomorrow, to have them all closed (to contain the dust) and make a start on the woodwork on the landing.  It would be especially good to have the stairs rubbed down and painted/stained during the next week - so I can then get Tim (due to arrive on Saturday) to help me re-locate the very heavy radiator that lives on the landing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.