Not the Most Exciting of Days - Wednesday 6 June, 2018

Very uneventful day.

Last night I ordered a printer/scanner from Amazon France, taking further advantage of the Amazon Prime 30-day free trial (we have Prime in the UK but you have to subscribe separately for France). I hadn’t initially planned to get a printer here for a while but as we’re receiving post, some of which may be important, it will be useful to be able to scan/translate the correspondence.

Today I discovered that chiselling the carpet glue at a near 90-degree angle broke a lot of it up – so that is my new approach; chisel what I can and then sand. It is still laborious, time consuming and boring, so I continued the ‘multi-tasking’ approach by interspersing chiselling with removing and replacing the exterior putty in the kitchen windows. What a wonderful medium putty is – I thoroughly enjoyed doing that – practically in inverse proportion to the (lack of) enjoyment chiselling.

Today’s progress: one pair of windows puttied up (and did a bit of sanding too) and 1.5 floorboards chiselled – these floors are going to take some time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.