Rain, Soil and Rewiring, 15 July

Well, thought I might be reporting some late-night Bastille Day celebrations and fireworks, but no. Nothing

Today we had rain in the morning – as forecast. Managed to get 8 bags of soil out of the trough before it started. I reckon there’s less than another 8 to go – a job for tomorrow. These are being dumped on the floor of the cellar – looks like we have bodies down there 😦.

The rest of the day, for me, was spent finally getting back to rewiring the top floor.  Drilling through solid oak beans 12” thick takes a lot of doing, but reasonable progress and some cable laid. Could be finished on that floor, laying the power lines, tomorrow.

Sally started the day making me handkerchiefs from old bedding. My hayfever has been pretty bad, I only had the hanky I’d brought with me (thought we had some here, but apparently not), and none for sale at the local supermarket, so Sally got creative – damn good job she did too 😊. After that, she took down the six wardrobe doors and prepped them for painting.

Removing the wardrobe doors

Tomorrow looks like being a variation on today. Hopefully, I’ll get the trough emptied and the last of the top floor cable laid. And Sally will get at least the first coat on the wardrobes. Then we’ll treat ourselves – with a trip to the decheterie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.