Heat, Hanging and He-Men

We had a pleasant evening last night chatting to Pirette, our neighbour, entirely in French (she speaks no English); we had a proper little conversation. The day had been really hot (off the scale of our 40 degree C thermometer) and we moved bedrooms to the cooler ground floor. This is partly in readiness for Thursday night when we will depart at midnight. Thursday is forecast to be a scorcher and I want to try and get a few hours sleep before the 10-hour drive.

The heat was off the scale - literally!

As to jobs, it was another ‘work from home day’ for me. 

Sally painted both sides (two coats on one side) of the study windows (I had re-puttied the glazing last night); they are looking much better. She also did some general cleaning, as well as some needlework on a duvet cover.

Before

After

After my day in the office I finally applied the last coat to the veranda balustrade posts...

Before

After (I did the post, but Sally did the rest)

Before

After

... rehung the internal garage door and fitted a lock, and rehung the door to the walk-in wardrobe in our bedroom.

Undergoing repair

Repaired, rehung and lock fitted.

The other side - before

The other side - after

This evening we went to a free event in the town centre where a group of 6 performed a mix of modern  dance, body-popping and gymnastics for well over an hour. The show was excellent – I’d have gladly paid good money to see them. It was ‘something for the ladies’, Sally tells me – well, I can see they we good looking lads.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Receipt of Compromise & Diagnostics Reports (Feb 2018)

Last Few Days - Parting Gifts, 11 - 15 Oct.

Rain Upsets Plans, 13 - 18 Sept.